So I actually received three profiles this afternoon! That's the exciting part. The not-so-exciting/frustrating part is that two of the profiles used egg donors. Tygh and I have repeatedly stated that we do not want a couple that used an egg or sperm donor, simply because we want any child born through EA to be able to contact his/her genetic match if he/she wanted to.
In any case, I've sent an email to the coordinator asking her to send us two more profiles to "replace" those two.
As for the third profile, I'm not super jazzed about it. I'll show it to Tygh tonight but I just don't feel that our match is in this couple.
The end goal is to be matched with at least 6 embryos, and they all have to be at the same stage of development for the transfer. While it's definitely exciting to be at this stage in the process, this is NOT the part when I want to make a decision just to make a decision. It has to be right.
I know you have a specific reason for not wanting an egg or sperm donor but one thing that was pointed out to me (that I hadn't really thought about) was that the donors tend to be younger and healthier (no infertility issues) which would generally give the embryos a higher chance of survival. Praying that God would lead you to the profile that is your match!
ReplyDeleteHi Ashley, that's a good point.
ReplyDeleteWith our son, we have an open adoption, so he will always be able to know his "roots" and biologically where he came from. Because of that, we didn't want any other child that may join our family (through EA or otherwise) to have something other than that.
Ohhhh....sooooo exciting! I can't believe the match is already happening! I'll be praying non-stop!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome, and stressful! I believe you will get a clear answer when the "right" profile comes across that fax. Keep praying and we all will too!! xoxo
ReplyDelete