Monday, November 4, 2013

Some movement.

We have a new caseworker.  She emailed me even before I had a chance to email her!  And, she wants to set up a meet and greet.  I already like her. 

I also took a peek at the waiting children profile portal.  This profile portal is set up for families who have approved homestudies.  There are more children shown in this portal than in the general public viewing portal.  The children shown in the general public viewing portal are, unfortunately, the children who need the most advocacy.  My heart aches for them.

The children in this private portal are the ones that will get sought after quickly.  They have little/no drug exposure.  There are babies.  They are what, stereotypically, waiting families "want."

I did a search for children under the age of 2.  I was pleasantly surprised to see quite a few children in this age category.

There was even a sister sibling couple, age 2 and newborn.  They didn't live together.  It broke my heart. 

And yet, we just aren't ready to make that next leap.  I'd like to get more settled into our new home.  We're also taking our last kid-less vacation in May, and I'd like to wait until after then before actively pursuing any leads.

But, I was infused with hope that our next child could very well be in this pool of children. 

That made me happy.

3 comments:

Thanks for commenting! Please only comment if you, as my grandma says, "have something nice to say." Thanks!