We had our last (phew!) counseling session for the embryo adoption last night. It was much more fun than the rest. We got to talk about what kind of couple we wanted to be matched with. We said the obvious: good-looking, rich, smart, funny. Shouldn't be a problem.
Then we talked about next steps. Our homestudy is this Monday. Once it is finalized (should take a few weeks with most adoption case workers --will probably take til end of summer with our current one) (just kidding) (maybe), then we get to actually start the matching process with the embryo folks. That will be totally out of our hands. We've put our best face forward with respect to our profile, but it's really up to God (isn't everything?).
We still have some training to do, but that shouldn't hold up the process. I also need to start birth control and do a trial transfer, but I'm holding off on that for now.
I'm realizing Brae is a handful and do I really want more kids?
Silly question.
Ignore it.
I loved your comment about the caseworker "just kidding, maybe". He he. AND Brae is a breeze...trade me for 1 full day and you will be thinking, heck I could have 4 more!
ReplyDeleteLove you. Thanks for the updates.
Um yah - I've only had ONE experience with your caseworker... and that has resulted in LOADS of sympathy from me to you. Hopefully it will all go as planned (since when does that statement ever actually come true). correction: Hopefully it will all go as HE has planned :) luv ya!
ReplyDeleteI'll be praying for you....and Susan. Persistency often pays off with her, and you're good at that! And yes, of course you want more!! :)
ReplyDelete