1. Brae and Sienna miss "home." They keep asking when they will go "home." I keep telling them we don't have a home right now. Sure, I could get into a theological engagement with them about how home is where your heart is, blah blah blah. They are 4 and 2. I'm not.
2. Naps are nice. Very nice. When you are shacking up with another family, there's not a lot of "honey-do" items for you to do. It's not your house. You have to know your place. So, we take lots of naps instead.
3. VCRs and tapes still really do come in handy. They are more durable and scratch-resistant than DVDs. My in-laws have VCRs. And lots of tapes. I like them.
4. I'm a lot more low-maintenance than I thought. I've packed my socks in some box that is now in a POD somewhere miles away. No big deal. I can wear the same socks a couple, three, four, ok, five times in a row. Don't judge.
5. We are very blessed to have this as an option. It sure beats the Holiday Inn.
Naps are nice indeed. Enjoy them while you are able to cut down on your "honey do" list! :)
ReplyDeleteYou make me smile! Yay for finding joy in the journey!
ReplyDeleteGlad I'm not close enough to smell your socks!! =)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see pics of your new house!
You make me laugh!! So glad you are embracing the journey you are on! I love the sock one. I am NOT judging!! Loving your transparency!!
ReplyDelete