We sold our house a month ago.
In one day. For above asking. So, we asked for more. And they accepted. We hadn't even put our sign up yet.
I guess you can say that God was telling us to get the heck out of our house.
We had been thinking about it for a while - moving to a neighboring suburb with fantastic schools, and closer to friends and family.
We had no idea it would happen so fast.
We had not bought another house.
I had many mental breakdowns in the first week after we sold. Where were we going to live?
So, then we started looking.
We made an offer on House #1. 1970s. Half acre. Colonial. Needed some updating. We made them an offer. They countered. We countered. I got cold feet. We rescinded.
Lot of money, and still a lot of work.
So then we made an offer on House #2. 1970s. Awesome neighborhood. Dutch Colonial. Needed lots of updating. We made them an offer. They countered. We accepted. Inspection time came. Lots of problems - radon, sewer, etc. We asked them to repair half of what the inspection suggested. They basically said no, and that they were done negotiating. Take it or leave it.
We left it.
We made an offer on House #3. 2008. Traditional. Move-in ready. We made them an offer. They countered. We countered. They accepted. Inspection tomorrow. Praying nothing major.
We have to be out of our house on Wednesday. From start to finish, it will be 32 days since the day we sold our house. That is very fast.
The new house won't be ready until end of October. So, we'll be living with my in-laws for a few weeks.
After sleeping on a blow-up mattress, in a sleeping bag, and eating out of tupperware dishes, I'm extremely excited to move in with them.
Brae and Sienna have been amazing - with all the houses we've toted them around to - telling them to "go pick out their bedroom" in each one. They've picked out about 8 bedrooms now. They probably have no idea which house is actually theirs, at this point.
But, they don't care. They just want us to make tunnels out of all the spare boxes in the house, eat lots of take out and pizza, and move in with Grammy and Guapo for a while.
I miss being a kid.
WOW!!!!😳 That's crazy!!!! I hope and pray we have that kind of luck selling our house hopefully (fingers crossed and praying) in the Spring! We are busting at the seams in our 3 bedroom. I'm worried about trying to sell and yet process etc
ReplyDeleteI will be thinking about you tomorrow hoping the inspection goes well!
Best of luck on the move. Out of curiosity, does this affect your home study? I know you are approved (Congrats- and that's more about surviving it, because any child would be lucky to be able to call you their mom), but will they need to see the new living accommodations?
ReplyDeleteWe had a period of living with my parents between housing situations. It was such a blessing to us. Praying you can get everything sorted out and moved without too much stress!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on selling your house. We are currently trying to sell our house and it is slow going for us unfortunately. We haven't even looked at other houses since we can't make an offer or anything until our house sells.
ReplyDeleteHappy moving!
Wow. Busy for sure! Try to not pull out your hair...I think I would be for sure!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I too miss being a kid...lol!
Hi Mary Katherine! Yes, we'll have to get a homestudy update - and actually in a different county. Hopefully it's not too much of a hiccup in the process!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I hope it's not either. It just seems like a bureaucratic nightmare. Prayers, and hope the move is uneventful!
ReplyDeleteThat's amazing! Hoping all goes well with the home inspection and move!
ReplyDeleteI hope you're still on track with your house! I can't access blogger on my phone anymore so I'm a little behind in reading everyone's posts. Hooray for pizza and sleeping bag adventures!!
ReplyDelete