On Friday, I broke down and went to the doctor for a thyroid test (my "official" 6 week test will be Sept 7). I'd been feeling very tired lately and feared that my thyroid had raised the white flag and given up on working with me.
Today, I got the results.
Not what I expected. My level is now .17 and I've swung the other way and now am hypERthyroid (vs. hypothyroid). So, I'm overcorrected. My primary doc said to cut back the dosage, but I don't know what that means, in practical terms. I suppose it means that I'm not taking my dosage tomorrow.
For those of you new to the wonderful world of that butterfly gland in your throat that controls EVERYthing in your body, hyperthyroidism means my body is producing too much of the thyroid gland. In pregnancy, it is very dangerous as it can often result in miscarriage. So, as you can imagine, it's critical that my thyroid be at the right place prior to the transfer on September 18. The "right" place is between 1-2. So, we're definitely a lot closer than we were in June when my level was at 13, but it's still not quite right.
I have an email into our nurse at NEDC to see what they say.
As an echo to the prayer from my new friend Krisa, I just pray that Dr. K has wisdom to know what to do, and that ultimately, God as the all-powerful physician, will perform a no small feat in my body and get this gland to *finally* cooperate so that at transfer time, I can be in the "best" shape I can be.
What an emotional roller coaster my friend! I can only imagine the thoughts and feelings pulsating through you. Remember that no matter what, God is in control - even if your numbers aren't perfect HE is and HE can perform a miracle in any situation. Rest in His embrace knowing that His plans will prevail!
ReplyDeleteGod, God, God!!! He continues to lead you back to his throne to lay it down doesn't He. I have zero doubt that He plans to perfect your thyroid for this transfer, but my prayers will shift to focus on this specifically! Oh, women's bodies, I empathize 100% with the frustration when they don't function as designed ;)
ReplyDelete