Saturday, August 21, 2010

I'm ready again.


For newborn diapers. For sleeping only 3 hours at a time. For expensive formula. For that infant cry. For that smell. For all of it.

A year ago, I was not. Even a month ago, I was not. I've slowly been getting close, but I'm officially there. I want to go back there again. I'm ready.

Our precious boy is now almost 2 years old. I've loved every second of being with him (yes, even during the temper tantrums and blow out diapers). But I'm ready to give him a sibling.

I'm even ready to forego the pregnancy to just have the baby. Here. I'm ready.

Yes, we'll still go forward with EA. Yes, we will go back as many times as it takes (probably just twice) until each embaby we're adopting has been given the best chance at life.

But then, if it doesn't work (I'm hoping for the best, preparing/expecting the worst), I'm eager to get back on the adoption wait list again and wait for God to bring us our next child. (I'm, of course, praying that is His will!)

I'm sure it will be a long wait (returning families tend to have longer waits), but I'm just ready to be on the list again. Thankfully, since our homestudy is already done, it should (hopefully) be just a matter of some paperwork (and a rather large check) and then we can wait (im)patiently for our baby to arrive.

I'm ready for it all again. I want my toddler boy, and I want my next baby.

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to walking with you, no matter what path God leads you to take! Love-Krisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying God's means of bringing your next baby is embryo adoption! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Britney, I am glad to be on this journey with you! Praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for your next steps! Prayers that you're able to give your boy a sibling!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Please only comment if you, as my grandma says, "have something nice to say." Thanks!