Thursday, August 26, 2010

Update.

We just heard from our caseworker that Michigan is open to a more "open" arrangement than they originally thought! Yay! We talk to our caseworker in less than an hour and we'll know more. I'm also waiting for the email address of Ohio so I can send my first official hola letter to them and hopefully build a baby step (pun intended) relationship.
I also have my first ultrasound and labs today.
More to report later!

Update: I sent my first email off to Michigan! We'll see how that goes... ; ) Waiting for Ohio's address so I can email them! We've also "approved" each openness agreement. Now we wait to see if the donors agree, and then we get them notarized, and we've officially "adopted" our embryos.
I had my first ultrasound and blood test today. It's just a baseline to make sure my uterine home is clean before they start adding all the baby-proofing stuff.
Of interesting note: Two years ago, when we did IVF, the doctor only counted 9 resting follicles. That's when they thought I had an ovarian reserve issue (normal for my age is 15). A year ago, when we did our clinical trial, they counted 16 follicles. At the time, the doctor had no medical explanation for that (you are supposed to lose follicles over time). One doctor opined that maybe it was because I was eating more organic food. I had to chuckle at that. So today, to my surprise, the doctor counted 20 resting follicles. Maybe it's my gluten-free diet this time (chuckle). I think not. I think God may have something to do with it.
Doesn't matter none for this cycle, but just nice to see God work in mysterious ways.

Further update: Tennessee just called and said "everything looks great." Translation -- I'm on my period and have no chance of ovulating. Only in this small universe of FETs with EA does someone with infertility consider that "great". Start estrogen tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your first email sent to your donor family! That's interesting about your follicles...But, you're right - it won't matter either way for a FET. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've had one exciting day, my friend! I'm so happy for you! You are fearfully and wonderfully made!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here we go! Yippee!!! I can't wait for you to get to know the placing family. I LOVE this part!!!
    http://funylittlepollywogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of awesome updates! I'm excited to hear more about the Michigan and Ohio families!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Please only comment if you, as my grandma says, "have something nice to say." Thanks!